Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Mardi Gras in Exile--Again....

We spend another year away from home on this most special of days--Mardi Gras....

I'm getting tired of this....

I know we can't go home for a long time. We have a familial obligation up here in Tennessee and we will follow through with that. Susan's family was there for us when we evacuated from the Storm ten years ago and we will be here for them now.

But for the past two weeks, I've done nothing but miss home and wish that I was back in New Orleans.

It's hard to believe that we haven't been home for a Mardi Gras since 2007. Nine years! Nine fuckin' years!!!

There is no doubt that next year we will be back home for Mardi Gras. The planning and saving takes place now.

At least I know I have one year to make my costume!

Happy Mardi Gras everyone!

No comments: