Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday Morning Coffee and WWOZ

There isn't much better in life-in-exile than having my coffee and listening to WWOZ on Friday mornings. It is my weekly routine. One of the perks of not teaching on Fridays that I really cherish with my job.

I can almost smell the French Quarter from here ;)

As the weather becomes more "spring-like," and the parades begin to roll for Mardi Gras, I find myself always missing home more and more. I have learned one lesson while living in exile--never take anything for granted.  Appreciate all the good things while you can. Because you never know what's coming for you. All you had could be gone in the blink of an eye.

For right now, I'll enjoy my coffee, my WWOZ, and maybe a shot of whiskey. And tonight I'll dream of walking down Decatur Street tomorrow to watch the Krewe du Vieux parade.

We all need dreams ;)

It's All Good!

No comments: