Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Happy Birthday Louis Armstrong

As New Orleans prepares for it's 10th Annual Satchmofest, it is fitting that today's birthdays include not just Satchmo but our President Barak Obama. And for all you haters out there, the birth certificate is legit--get over it.

One of the best things to do at Satchmofest is the Club Strut (which this year goes for $80 for the VIP pass, and it's worth every penny). I had been to every Satchmofest between 2000 and 2005, and then would occassionally visit just for the event. If I had planned better ("meaning" if I had chose Satchmofest over Tales of the Cocktail this year), I would be there this weekend.

And what a wonderful weekend it could be. You got Satchmofest. You got White Linen Night (though I personally prefer Dirty Linen Night--just who I am). You got hot summer nights. Nothing could be better.

In honor of Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong, I believe I may just have my own Satchmofest right here at my house. I'll play Louis all day long on Saturday, and I'll cook up some Red Beans and Rice. I'll give Kat and Cheryl a call to see if they can join me, and perhaps Allen will be back in town to help me with a few Sazeracs.

When you live in Exile, you create the culture in your house. And without Susan and Devin here this week, I know I need me some socializing of some sort.

It's only Wednesday--that gives me time to contact folks and get the music set up.

It's all good :) Yeah you right!!!

Enjoy your Satchmofest, New Orleans. Wish I was there with you.

No comments: