Monday, November 19, 2007

Finally--Elections Are Over

The election is over, thankfully. What a pitiful slate of candidates in general. And I hated the fact that if I had to choose between Jackie and Cynthia, I would have wrote someone else in....

Well, Jackie’s in, Una’s not, and I’m thinking Una’s political career is probably over (one could hope). I am not happy with Jackie in office (again). Watch out French Quarter musicians. She is not a friend to the music community. Una Anderson, on the other hand, has always had her eyes on higher office. Sometimes I thought she probably thought too much about that, neglecting her work at the School Board and at NONDC. If you look at her record at both the Orleans Parish School Board or at the New Orleans Neighborhood Development Collaborative, it does not indicate a "visionary" nor a leader. It's more like "just being there." The “so-called” bribe by Pampy didn’t help, and I honestly don’t think she was part of it. But I do believe the timing couldn’t have been worse for Una. Someone didn't want her to win....

So, we start a new chapter in New Orleans politics. I don't see much change happening. But, we shall see....

No comments: