Wednesday, October 25, 2006

We've Gone Suburban

Yes, that's right. Can you believe it? I can't. I really can't. But for my mental health, and for some piece of mind, we are now setting down roots here in Central Texas.


Here's the plan itself, and a bit about the subdivision.

Susan and I figured if we were going to stay up here, we might as well buy a brand-new house. That way, we could get all the "stuff" we wanted in it and we could really call it our own.

Living up here is like living in hell (in more ways than one), but the job is great and Austin is close enough to give us some respite from this hell place we live in. The schools are good too, even though they test too much in Tex-Ass. Kids go to school too much these days--they should play more. Outside (not on the computer).

So, here we are. Reduced to "knowledgable" tourists in New Orleans... with lots of friends in the city....

Lots of friends....

And the job at least offers me the chance to always be back in New Orleans during school holidays (xmas, summer). We won't miss another Mardi Gras, and I'll be bringing my Red Cross Katrina big ass ice chest so I can fill up with supplies everytime I come home.

We are now suburbanites. I'm not sure the 'burbs are ready for us. More about this "adventure" as it develops....

Tell me it's all a bad dream, please? Wake me up so I can walk to the Rendon and get my egg, bacon, grits breakfast....

2 comments:

Teh Caitlin said...

I look forward to seeing you guys soon. I am not graduating from a school where pennyloafers are about to be forced upon us.

Cece said...

Are you kidding me, Daddy? You never got Rendon breakfast. Well, not as much as me, Caitlin, Jason, and David. That stuff was our nutrition for the day.